Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Little R and R...

My 2 week trip to Edmonton turned into a three week venture. We were purchasing a small company there that would be our foothold into the booming Western Canadian market. Things were taking longer than usual, and still weren't finalized when I left. But for the last week, Mrs. T. and I took a Caribbean cruise. It was our first cruise, but what a great way to relax. No cell phones, no laptop - OK, I brought the laptop but there was no internet access since I didn't want to pay $7 a minute for it. And why surf the web when you can spend your day like this:


And in spite of the great food, my net weight gain was only 1 pound. Fortunately there was a great workout facility on the ship. I even tried a Pilates class. And then was so sore I had to assume the above position for the rest of the day.

So Monday it's back to work after being absent from my desk for 1 month. Since leaving, I have a new boss, so this should be interesting.

No comments: